The Ultimate Italian Grinder Sandwich
This Italian Grinder Sandwich is truly the sandwich of everyone's dreams! It's loaded with fresh deli meats, grated parmesan cheese, an Italian crunchy salad, crisp pickles, & more!
For the Crunchy Salad:
- 1/2 Iceberg Lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
For the Sandwich:
- 1 Large Baguette, or Hoagie Roll
- 8-10 thin slices of Ham, or Rueben
- 8-10 thin slices of Turkey
- 1/3 cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Kosher Dill Pickles, sliced
- 1/3 cup Banana Peppers, sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated or shredded
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard together until smooth. Adjust taste with salt and black pepper. Add the shredded lettuce, sliced red onions, and chopped parsley. Toss until well-combined.
- Slice the baguette through the middle. Remove the middle bread from the baguette (optional).
- Add a layer of sliced ham, then a layer of sliced turkey. Add the grated parmesan on top of the sliced deli meats. (Optional: Bake at 425F for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.)
- Add a single layer of the sliced tomatoes, then the avocado. Evenly spread out the sliced banana peppers. Next, add a generous layer of the salad mix. And lastly, add the sliced pickles on top. Cover with the top bread slice and enjoy!