The BEST Sausage-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 strips of Bacon, (can be substituted with panko breadcrumbs)
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Link of Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 tbsp. Chives, (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Parsley, (chopped)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. Honey ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Remove the sausage from its casing, then cook it like you would ground meat. Allow it to cool to at least room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cooked ground sausage, cream cheese, chopped chives and parsley, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Carefully slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise, then use a small spoon to scoop out their insides. Generously fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, then wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a half slice of bacon. Place the wrapped jalapeno seam-side down on the prepared pan.
- Lightly brush the bacon with a thin coat of honey. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked and golden. Allow the jalapeno poppers to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!