The BEST Homemade Potato Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 4 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. Instant Yeast
- 1 cup Mashed Potatoes (boil 3-4 Yukon gold potatoes, peel, then mash)
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 6 tbsp. Olive Oil, or melted and cooled butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Honey, for brushing
- + 1 Egg, for brushing
- In the bow of a stand mixer, proof the yeast by mixing the warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar, and yeast together. Set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
- Add in the remaining sugar, mashed potatoes, milk, olive oil, eggs, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add in the flour. Using the dough hook attachment, knead on medium-low for 5-6 minutes. The dough should be smooth and pliable.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap, then set aside in a warm environment to rise until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 18 equal pieces.
- Roll each dough piece into small balls, then place seam side down in the prepared baking pan. (It's okay for them not to have any space in-between.)
- Cover and let the rolls rise for 20 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and the honey. Brush the mixture on top of the rolls.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!