POV: You want both a chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie and a fudgy Brownie. Enter: A Brookie!
For the Brownie Layer:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the butter and chocolate pieces. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cane sugar, brown sugar, egg, and egg yolk. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes, until a pale yellow color. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the mixing bowl with the chocolate. Mix just until combined. Set aside.
For the CCC Layer:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, cane sugar, brown sugar, and egg. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Mix for 1 minute until well-combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and chopped chocolate chunks.
To Assemble the Brookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper so you have edges to lift up the brookies after baking.
- Add half of the brownie mixture to the pan. With slightly wet fingers, spread out the mixture to create an even layer.
- Add half of the cookie mixture on top of the brownie layer, again spreading out into a semi-even layer.
- Add spoonfuls of the remaining brownie and cookie batters on top until all is used.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set. (The shorter the baking time will make for more gooey brownies.)
- Cool the brownies at room temperature for 10 minutes, then in the fridge for 30 minutes prior ro slicing. Enjoy!