Sugar-Free Lemon Ice Cream (Homemade)
This (Homemade) Sugar-Free Lemon Ice Cream is creamy, rich, and bursting with citrus notes!
- 2 Lemons, juice and zest
- 1/3 cup Purecane Zero Calorie All-Natural Baking Sweetener
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- In a large saucepan, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, baking sweetener, and eggs. Whisk until the eggs are beaten and smooth. Place the saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk continuously for 3-5 minutes, or until sweetener is dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap to store in the fridge until cool to touch.
- Once cooled, combine the lemon mixture, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until well-combined.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Enjoy immediately or freeze until ready to serve! When ready to serve (if storing in freezer), allow 5-10 minutes to thaw at room temperature.