Spicy N Sweet Volcano Shrimp
It's ready in less than 20 minutes, bursting with bold flavors, and battered for extra texture.
For the Battered Shrimp:
- 1 lb. Black Tiger Shrimp, deveined, shell off but tail on
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- Neutral Oil, for frying
- Cilantro-Rice, for serving
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Heat up the neutral oil in a large pan over medium to medium-high heat to 350F.
- Set up a small working station by placing three bowls and one large plate near each other. Place the deveined and shell off (but tail on) shrimp in one bowl. In the second bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and black pepper. In the third bowl, beat the eggs until smooth.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg bowl, then the flour bowl, then place on the large plate.
- Once all shrimp are battered, fry in the hot oil for 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until fully cooked and golden.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4-5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Toss the shrimp in the sauce and enjoy immediately. Serve with cilantro-rice for a compliment side dish.