Roasted Tomato & Garlic Garden Pasta with Chicken Sausage
This is one of my go-to summer dinners because it’s so fresh and easy to make!
- 1 package of Amylu Roasted Garlic & Asiago Chicken Sausages
- 8 oz. Calamarata or Rigatoni Pasta
- 2 pints of Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves, halved
- ½ cup + 1/3 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove the chicken sausages from their packaging and slice into bite-sized pieces. Add to the prepared pan.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, ½ cup basil leaves, red pepper flakes, salt, and olive oil. Toss it all together until well combined. Place in the oven to roast 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes are juicy and ‘popping.’
- In the meantime, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente or according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer all the roasted ingredients EXCEPT the sausage to a food processor. Pulse until a smooth tomato sauce.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, sausage and any remaining pan juices, tomato sauce, and remaining 1/3 cup chopped basil. Toss until the pasta is well coated in the sauce. If needed, add a tablespoon of pasta water at a time until desired texture.
- Stir in the grated parmesan and enjoy warm!