Roasted Eggplant & Heirloom Tomato Panzanella Salad
If panzanella salad and the trending pizza salad had a baby, it would be this mouth-watering bowl of summer deliciousness!
- 1-2 heads of Garlic
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 6 Baby Eggplants, or 1-2 large Eggplants, chopped
- 1-2 large Heirloom Tomatoes, or 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3rd loaf of Artisanal Bread, such as country sourdough bread, a baguette, or ciabatta
- 1 large bunch of Kale, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 - 3oz. Soppressata, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the very tops of the garlic heads off to reveal the garlic cloves inside. Place on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then wrap tightly in the foil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- At the same time, you can start roasting the eggplant. Toss the chopped eggplant and 2 tablespoon olive oil together on the pan. Roast 10-12 minutes.
- Slice the artisanal bread into bite-sized pieces, about the size of a crouton. Add to the pan with roasted eggplant. Generously drizzle 2-3 tablespoons olive oil over the bread. Bake another 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Once roasted, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup, 2 tbsp olive oil, apple cider vinegar, tahini, and juice of 1 lemon. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped kale into a large bowl with the salad dressing. Using your hands, gently massage the salad dressing into the kale.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, red onions, roasted eggplant, toasted bread, and soppressata. Toss until well-combined.
- Serve with grated parmigiana regginano to enjoy!