Roasted Carrot & Tomato Soup (Immune-Boosting)
The creamiest tomato soup with hidden benefits to keep you healthy this winter season!
- 4 large Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 large Carrots, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (or other herbs like oregano, rosemary, and thyme)
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock or Bone Broth
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 head of Garlic, slice the very top off to reveal garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, carrots, onion, head of garlic, and fresh basil to the prepared pan.
- Season the vegetables with salt and black pepper. Drizzle generously with the olive oil. Toss all vegetables together until coated in the olive oil.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, until tomatoes are juicy and carrots are fork tender.
- When cool enough to touch, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a food processor.
- Transfer the remaining roasted vegetables to the food processor with the broth, milk, and heavy cream. (You may have to work in batches.)
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, reheat on the stovetop to desired warmth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with grilled cheese sandwiches. Add a drizzle of olive oil and heavy cream for garnishing. Enjoy!