These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwiches are perfectly soft in the middle with a little chewy crunch around the edges and stacked with an silky smooth buttercream for an irresistible Fall dessert.
Servings: 16-18 cookies / 8-9 cookie sandwiches
For the cookie:
For the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg, brown sweetener, baking sweetener, and olive oil until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
3. In the meantime, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie seasoning, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until well-combined.
4. On low speed, add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix for 1 minutes, then gradually sift in the flour mixture to form the cookie dough.
5. In a small bowl, mix the remaining baking sweetener and cinnamon together for the coating.
6. Use a large cookie scooper or 2 tablespoons dough per cookie. Roll each cookie dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on the prepared baking pan.
7. Bake for 9-14 minutes, or until set and slightly crackly on top. (TIP: It is better to underbake rather than overbake these cookies, so keep a close eye around 8 minutes.)
8. Let cool on the baking pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a baking pan to cool completely.
9. To make the frosting, simply beat the butter until creamy on medium speed, about 1-2 minutes.
10. Add the confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat with the handle attachment for 10-20 minutes. The filling should be light and fluffy. Fold in the vanilla.
11. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag to make the cookie sandwiches. Enjoy!