Orange, Thyme, & Honey Roasted Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts, (about 1 lb. to 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 4-6 Figs, (quartered)
- 2 Oranges
- 4-6 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Honey, (or Maple Syrup)
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of 1 orange, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and cardamom (optional).
- In the prepared pan, add the chicken breasts in a single layer. Slice the remaining orange into quarters. Surround the meat with the sliced oranges, figs and thyme leaves (trying to keep all ingredients to a single layer).
- Season each chicken with the salt and black pepper, then generously brush the orange juice mixture onto each chicken breast. Drizzle the remaining mixture over the sliced fruits.
- (Optional) Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked at 165F.
- Remove from the oven, then loosely tent the baking dish with aluminum foil for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with fresh thyme leaves to garnish.