One Skillet White Chicken Chili Bake
A twist on my popular soup recipe from last year! It’s creamy, cheesy, cozy, and makes amazing leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs. Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, about 1 ½ cups, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Poblano Peppers, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 15-oz. Corn, drained
- 15-oz. White Beans, drained
- 16-oz. Salsa Verde
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Organic Valley Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. EACH: Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. EACH: Salt, Black Pepper
- 6-oz package of Organic Valley Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Avocado, for serving
- Tortilla or Corn Chips, for serving
- Scallions, for serving
- Place a large 12” skillet (at least 2” in depth) over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to heat up for 2 minutes, until shimmering.
- Add the chicken thighs to sear untouched for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the chopped onion, poblano peppers, potatoes, and minced garlic. Saute with the chicken for 3-4 minutes, then cover with a lid to steam cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to shred with two forks.
- In the meantime, add the remaining 1 tbsp. olive to saute the veggie mixture for 4-5 minutes on high heat.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the skillet with the chopped jalapenos, tomatoes, corn, white beans, and seasonings. Sauté 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa verde, heavy cream, and chopped cilantro.
- Top with the shredded cheese then carefully transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Broil on HIGH for 1-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and a little crisp.
- Serve warm with sliced avocado, chopped scallions, and tortilla chips. Enjoy!