One Skillet Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe has officially put us in our comfort foods era! It’s cheesy, hearty, the recipe list is intentionally small and simple…
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Poblano Peppers, chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 oz. Fajita Seasoning Packet
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Salsa Verde
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 8-10 Maria & Ricardo’s White Flour Tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, carefully chop the chicken thighs on a cutting board into very tiny pieces (almost like coarse ground chicken). You can also just shred the chicken with two fork after cooking whole.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil to heat up until hot and shimmering.
- Add the chopped (or whole) chicken thighs to cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, and garlic to sauté 3-4 more minutes.
- Stir in the fajita seasoning.
- Add the water to deglaze the pan, then add the salsa verde. Mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the liquids slightly reduce and thicken.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Set aside 1 cup shredded cheese.
- In each warmed tortilla, add a generous spread of the Greek yogurt, a little cheese, then a large spoonful of the chicken mixture. Roll up tightly and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas. It is okay to have extra chicken and veggies in the skillet!
- Place the rolled tortillas back into the skillet in a single layer.
- Spoon some of the extra skillet sauce on top of the enchiladas, then top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden on top.
- Enjoy warm with fresh cilantro, scallions, avocado, and sour cream!