(Low Calorie) Healthier Tiramisu
A creamy layered dessert of espresso-soaked ladyfingers surrounded by lightly sweetened whipped cream and a rich mascarpone for a quick yet gourmet treat this holiday season!
- 2 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Purecane Baking Sweetener
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cold Espresso
- (Optional) 3-4 tbsp. Marsala Wine
- 1 7-oz Package of Lady Fingers
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- In the bowl of stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream and baking sweetener until fluffy and stiff peaks, about 4-5 minutes. Be careful not to overmix. Whisk in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cold espresso and marsala wine together.
- Briefly dip each finger, one at a time, into the espresso mixture, then line for a single layer on the bottom of an 8x8" serving dish.
- Add half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the lady fingers, using a spatula to evenly spread it out. Repeat the process with the lady fingers and remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Sift the cocoa powder on top of the final layer of the mascarpone mixture, then place in the fridge to rest for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!