Lemon, Honey, & Thyme Chicken Kabobs
For the marinated chicken:
- 1 - 1.5 lb. Chicken Breasts, (boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup Honey, (or maple syrup)
- 1 Lemon, (juiced and zested)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2-3 Thyme Sprigs
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
Remaining kabob ingredients:
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 5-6 large Cremini Mushrooms, (quartered)
- 2 Zucchini, (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 1 Red Onion, (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 Lemons, (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix in the leaves of the thyme sprigs, as well.
- Add in the chicken and vegetables, then toss to coat all ingredients in the marinade. Cover the bowl and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour. (This can be done up to 8 hours in advance.) In the meantime, soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan or grill to medium high heat.
- Creatively thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers fro 5-7 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked throughly (internal temperature reaches 165F).
- Serve warm with fresh thyme leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.