Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread (Made with Olive Oil)
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Fine Ground Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 large Eggs, (whisked)
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk or Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey, (or Maple Syrup or Granulated Cane Sugar)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, (shredded)
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers, (sliced and de-seeded)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil to a 10" skillet over medium high heat, then add in the corn and jalapeño peppers to saute until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the honey, buttermilk, and whisked eggs, then stir together until evenly combined. Fold in the browned corn and jalapeños, as well as the shredded cheddar.
- Pour the batter into the skillet to bake for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.