How to Make a New England Clambake (Step-by-Step Recipe)
This ranks in the the top 5 recipes I've made this Summer, and you'll be surprised just how easy it is!
For the Clam Bake:
- 2 lbs. Clams
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1-2 large Shallots, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 cups Water
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. Baby Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Fresh Herbs, such as Tarragon, Bay Leaves, Parsley, and/or Oregano
- 4 Corn Cobs, sliced in half to create 8 mini corn cobs
- 2 Lobster Tails
- BUBBL’R Tropical Dream’r
- 1 cup Salted or Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Herbs, finely chopped
- Add the clams to a large bowl, add the salt on top of the clams, then fill up the remainder of the bowl with cold water. Let the clams sit in the salted water for 10-15 minutes to spit out any dirt. Once done, drained and rinse the clams.
- In a very large pot, add the olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Once the butter had melted, add the shallots and garlic to sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry white wine, water, and fresh herbs. Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add the baby potatoes and cover with the lid to steam on low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep the lobster tails by using sharp kitchen scissors to cut down the middle of both the back and front lobster tail shells. Then, carefully use a knife to slice through the meat to create two halves.
- Once the potatoes are done steaming, add the drained clams, corn, and lobster halves. Cover with the lid to steam on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, heat up the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the freshly chopped herbs. Set aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the clam bake to a large serving platter. Ladle a few large spoonfuls of the seafood broth at the bottom of the pot on top. Store the remaining broth to use in other recipes.
- Enjoy the clam bake with the herb butter and BUBBL’R Tropical Dream’r for a complimentary refreshment!