Hot Pepper Jelly & Herb Cream Cheese Savory Pastries
Flaky savory pastries with an herby cream cheese filling and hot pepper jelly!
- 1 thawed Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1/4 cup EBTB Seasoning
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Freshly Chopped Herbs, such as parsley, oregano, basil, dill
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Hot Pepper Jelly
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the thawed puff pastry sheet on a clean, lightly floured surface. Gently roll out so you have a smooth pastry sheet.
- Using a 3-4" cookie cutter, or glass jar, cut out as many round dough pieces as possible. This will vary depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
- Place the round dough pieces on the prepared sheet pan.
- Using a knife, create a 1/2" circular border around the edges. Brush the pastries with the beaten egg and generously season those edges with EBTB Seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, flaky on the edges and crispy.
- In the meantime, combine the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, milk, and fresh herbs into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag.
- Let the pastries cool for 5 minutes, before piping on the cream cheese mixture and topping with hot pepper jelly to enjoy!