Homemade Dark Chocolate PB Buckeyes
They're crunchy, salty, sweet, creamy... these Homemade Buckeyes are an easy dessert must try!
Servings: 20+ buckeyes
- 2 6.35-oz bars of Tony Chocolonely Dark Chocolate, about 2 cups melted
- 1 ½ cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, softened butter, salt, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add the sifted powdered sugar and stir until smooth once more.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls then place on plates or pans lined with parchment paper. Transfer to the freezer to freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces, then add to a microwave-safe bowl to microwave in 20 second intervals or in the top bowl of a double boiler to slowly melt.
- Stick a toothpick into the center of one of the buckeyes, then dip into the melted chocolate 3/4th of the way to leave an “eye” at the top. Remove the toothpick and use your finger (dipped in water) to smooth out the toothpick hole. Repeat with remaining buckeyes.
- Transfer to the freezer to freeze until the chocolate is solid.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks or the freezer for 2-3 months. Enjoy!