Goat Cheese & Fig Galette (Sweet Italian Galette Crust Recipe)
Forget about all other weekend plans, because this galette is flaky, buttery, creamy, sweet, and totally drool worthy ☺️
For the Flaky Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Purecane Zero Calorie Brown Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1-2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, very cold, cut into big pieces
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
For the Filling:
- 5 oz Goat Cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Purecane Zero Calorie Brown Sweetener + more for crust
- 7-8 Fresh Figs, halved or quartered (for a total of 1 1/2 cups fig slices)
- In a food processor or large bowl, pulse or mix the flour, sweetener, and salt.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture. Pulse or use your fingers to break up the butter into the flour. You want small chunks of butter throughout the flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until smooth. Add the egg to a 1/3 measuring cup and fill the remaining space with heavy cream.
- Add 1/4 cup of the egg mixture and lemon juice to the flour mixture. Stir until it just starts to form a dough.
- Transfer the shaggy dough to a clean surface and knead until smooth and pliable, about 1-2 minutes. Flatten the dough into a 1” thick disk. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- In the meantime, mix the room temperature goat cheese and brown sweetener until well-combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12” round circle (it can be rustic and doesn’t need to be a perfect circle). Transfer the dough to the prepared pan.
- Add the goat cheese mixture to the center of the galette, leaving a 1 1/2” border.
- Add the sliced figs on top of the goat cheese.
- Gently fold the pastry over the fruit, pleasing to hold it in.
- Brush with the remaining egg-cream mixture and sprinkle with more sweetener.
- (Optional) If the galette dough is warm, chill for 20 minutes prior to baking to ensure flakiness.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Cook for 10 minutes prior to slicing. Enjoy!