Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- 16 large Shrimp (fresh or thawed), (peeled and deveined )
- 8 strips of Bacon
- 2 tbsp. Honey, (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chives, (for serving)
- Ranch, (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Soak 16-18 toothpicks in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
- Line the bacon strips in a single layer on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the bacon fat begins to render but is not crispy brown. Then, pat down each strip to remove any excess bacon fat, as well as replace the parchment paper (optional). Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Wrap each shrimp in the halved bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil. Brush each wrapped shrimp with the glaze.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then flip to bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives to serve.