Flaky Herb Goat Cheese Phyllo Cigars
Flaky phyllo sheets rolled with a creamy herby goat cheese mixture on the inside for an irresistible appetizer!
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Dill, finely chopped (or sub with more basil)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2-3 tbsp. Honey
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 10-12 thawed Phyllo Sheets
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened goat cheese, chopped dill and basil, lemon juice, honey, and beaten egg. Mix until well combined.
- Working with one phyllo sheet at a time, cover the remaining sheets with a damp towel to keep from drying out.
- Brush the phyllo sheet generously with olive oil. Add another sheet on top and press down to seal them together.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut 4 equal rectangles.
- Working at the bottom of each rectangle, add 2 tablespoons of the goat cheese mixture. Spread out evenly in a thin line at the bottom. Roll up the phyllo rectangle from the bottom up, like a cigar. Seal the edges together with more olive oil.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, placing the cigars on the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Brush the phyllo cigars with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
- (Optional) Drizzle with honey and flaky sea salt to enjoy!