(Easy & Fast) Tomato Bisque Soup (with Fresh Tomatoes)
Roasted tomatoes, oregano, and thyme pulsed with a few other simple ingredients for an irresistible tomato soup!
- 10 Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Garlic Head
- 1 White Onion, chopped into large pieces
- 5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp. 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- Fresh Basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop the very top of the whole garlic head off to expose the garlic cloves.
- In a large baking pan, add the halved Roma tomatoes, fresh thyme, chopped onion, garlic head, and fresh oregano. Season with the salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the pan to cool.
- Carefully transfer the rest of the mixture to a high speed blender or food processor, then add the vegetable stock and heavy cream. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Squeeze the garlic bulbs out of the outer skin into the blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour back into a pot to heat up until ready to serve. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with a small drizzle of heavy cream and olive oil, along with a fresh basil leaf. Enjoy warm with grilled cheese!