Crockpot Sunday Sauce (Pasta Dinner)
The perfect slow cooker dinner recipe for a slow Sunday evening!
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 lb Chuck Roast, sliced into 6-8 large pieces
- 2 tsp. EACH: Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sundried Tomatoes in Oil, chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1 can (6 oz) Tomato Paste
- 2 cans (28-oz each) Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cooked Pasta, for serving
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season the beef chuck roast pieces with the salt and black pepper. Add to the hot oil to sear 2-3 minutes on each side, until sides turn golden brown.
- Transfer the seared beef to your slow cooker or crockpot.
- Add the chopped carrots, onion, sundried tomatoes, and garlic. Stir together.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the parsley) and stir until well-combined.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the beef to shred between two forks. Add back to the crockpot.
- Stir in the freshly chopped parsley and cooked pasta. Enjoy warm!