Crispy Parmesan & Mozzarella Sweet Potato Bites
Think sweet potato tater tots BUT BETTER! It’s the perfect holiday appetizer for both kids and adults 😉
- 4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
- ½ log BUF Creamery Buffalo Mozzarella, grated, about ½ cup
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking pan with parchment.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork all over. Place directly on the oven racks to bake 40-50 minutes, until fork tender. (TIP: Place a baking pan underneath the potatoes to catch any natural drippings.)
- Allow the potatoes to cool to touch before peeling the skin.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
- Add ½ cup grated parmesan, ½ cup grated BUF Creamery Buffalo Mozzarella, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoon sized balls into your hand, then shape into cylinder or rectangle-like shape. Place on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining mashed potato mixture.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the remaining grated parmesan, panko breadcrumbs, chili powder, and dried basil. Mix well.
- Toss each sweet potato cylinder in the breadcrumb mixture until coated. Place back on the pan.
- Drizzle the potato bite with olive oil.
- Bake 10 minutes, then flip over and bake another 12-15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!