Crispy Parmesan Garlic Potato Balls
Crispy potato balls tossed in grated parmesan and fresh parsley for an easy holiday appetizer!
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes, quartered
- 7 tbsp. Cornflour or Cornstarch, or 10 tbsp. Flour
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. Garlic Granules
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Cooking Oil, for frying
- Cook the chopped potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain the potatoes and let steam dry in the basket for 5-8 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add the cornstarch, 1/3 cup grated parmesan, garlic granules, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Use your hands to shape into bite-sized balls. You may need to run your hands under water to keep the potatoes from sticking to you.
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil to 350F.
- Fry the potato balls in small batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan, until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the potato balls from the hot oil.
- Place on a wire rack to drain.
- Toss in the remaining grated parmesan, chopped parsley, and salt to taste. Enjoy immediately with a spicy mayo dipping sauce!