It's light, tasty, crispy, and paired with a creamy zesty sauce for the ultimate combo!
- Heat up your neutral frying oil in a pot over medium high heat to 350F. You will want at least 2 inches in depth.
- To batter up your mushrooms, set up a station with 3 large bowls. In one bowl, add the flour and salt. In the second bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. In the third bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and herbs together.
- Slice or pull apart your mushrooms to fry-sized pieces. Dredge in the flour mix, then eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Working in small batches, place the battered fries in the oil to fry 1-2 minutes on each side. Until golden brown and crispy. Remove with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oils. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- To make the dipping sauce, simply combine all ingredients together.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce to enjoy!
To Make in the Conventional Oven:
- Bake at 425F on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
- TIP: Spray or drizzle in olive oil for extra crispiness.