Creamy Sausage & Spinach Tortellini Soup
With 5 simple steps, this satisfying winter soup is almost TOO easy to make ;)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Italian Pork or Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 6oz. Tomato Paste
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 9oz. Tortellini
- 3 cups Spinach, chopped
- Bring a large soup pot to heat up over Medium High heat for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and the ground sausage. Saute until browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, onion, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the herbs, flour and tomato paste. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a light boil, then add the spinach. Stir until tender.
- Add the tortellini to cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve warm, and enjoy!