Creamy Ricotta, Honey Basil, & Bacon Puff Pastries
- 1 roll Dufour Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3 strips of Sugar-Free Bacon, (cooked and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Basil, (finely chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Chives, (chopped)
- Salt & Black Pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to be appx. 14" x 14" then use a pizza roller or knife to sliced four even strips both horizontally and vertically - results in 16 even squares. (You can also make the puff pastries larger by cutting into only 12 squares.)
- On each square, add a generous dallop of ricotta cheese, a drizzle of honey, cooked bacon bits, chopped basil, and chopped chives. Add salt and black pepper, according to personal perference.
- Fold all four corners inward, lightly pressing the corners. Place the puff pastries on the prepared baking pan, then brush with an egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!