Creamy Corn Chowder Soup with Zucchini & Green Chiles
Who else is excited about Soup Season? 🌿🍲 To start this glorious season off, we’re making what's currently #1 on my list of 2023 favorites.
- 6 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2-3 New Mexico Green Chiles, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Corn Kernels, about 4 corn cobs
- 2 large Zucchini, chopped
- 2-3 Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped
- ½ medium Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- ½ tsp. EACH: Salt, Black Pepper + Paprika
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- (Optional) 2 tbsp. Honey
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add the chopped bacon. Cook until crispy and golden, then remove the bacon. Keeping about 1 tablespoon bacon grease, remove any excess.
- Add the olive oil, chopped New Mexico Green Chiles, corn kernels, chopped zucchini, potatoes, onions, minced garlic, thyme, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the zucchini is slightly golden and tender.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, then simmer 5-6 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 3/4th of the vegetables to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer back into the soup pot.
- Stir in the milk and heavy cream. Stir in the cheddar cheese now or add later when garnishing. Stir in the honey.
- Reheat the soup until slightly thickened and warm, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh herbs, the crispy bacon, and (optional) shredded cheddar cheese to enjoy!