Cream Cheese & Strawberry Danishes
They're bright and sweet and flaky and oh so yummy :)
- 6 17-oz Vita Ice Strawberry Watermelon Naturally-Flavored Sparkling Water
- 1 box Puff Pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Jam or Fruit Preserves
- (Optional) 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, and milk. Beat until well-combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- On a floured surface, lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry for an even surface.
- Using a cookie cutter or large drinking glass, cut 3 1/2" circles. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- In the center of each puff pastry circle, add 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Then, add a small dollop of the strawberry jam on top.
- (Optional: Add a few thin slices of strawberry.)
- Brush the puff pastry edges with an egg wash and sprinkle with a little baking sweetener.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar and serving with the complimentary Vita Ice Strawberry Watermelon Naturally-Flavored Sparkling Water. Enjoy!