Citrus Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
Crispy skin, incredible flavor, and oh so juicy!
- 4 lb. Chicken, giblets + neck removed from cavity
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano (or 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon, for stuffing
- 1 Garlic Head, for stuffing
- (Optional) Carrots
- (Optional) Baby Potatoes
- Preheat oven to Conventional Roast 430F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, chopped parsley and oregano, minced garlic, and fresh rosemary. Mix together.
- Place the chicken in a large casserole dish.
- Generously season the chicken with salt (for an extra crispy skin).
- Brush half of the mixture generously over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast side up.
- Slice the top portion off the garlic head to reveal the cloves inside. Stuff with the sliced half lemon into the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- (Optional) Add the carrots and potatoes around the chicken. Brush with the extra sauce.
- Brush the remaining sauce mixture evenly over the breast side of the chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes, basting halfway, or until juices run clear when pierced with skewer or knife.
- Baste again after roasting, then broil for 3-5 minutes, until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and micro greens before enjoying warm!