Breakfast Croissant Sandwich with Honey Bourbon-Glazed Bacon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon
- 8 slices Bacon
- 4 Croissants
- 6-8 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands Basil
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 slices Aged White Cheddar, or other favorite cheese
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- (Opt) Pickled Onions & Microgreens
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Add the bacon in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey and bourbon. Bring to a boil then simmer 5 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on the bacon then bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until crispy and caramelized.
- To make the eggs, whisk the eggs and spices together. Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and use a spatula occasionally stir the eggs until a soft scramble. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To assemble, slice the croissants in half lengthwise. Layer with avocado, eggs, sliced cheese, pickled onions, and micro greens to enjoy!