Avocado Crema & Blackened Cod Fish Tacos
A super simple blackened fish taco recipe served with a crunchy slaw, creamy avocado sauce, and corn tortillas.
For the Avocado Crema:
- 1 ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
For the Tacos:
- 4 17-oz. Vita Ice Orange Mango, for serving
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. Fresh Cod, or frozen and thawed
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Red Cabbage, shredded, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Jalapenos, for serving
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- Mix the spices together (garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano, and salt).
- Season the cod evenly with the seasoning mix. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the avocado crema by adding all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water or lime juice to thin out, if needed. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the marinated fish to the hot skillet, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crispy and fully cooked. Once cooked, use a fork to separate into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat up the corn tortillas on a griddle.
- To assemble the tacos, add an equal amount of the blackened cod into the warm tortillas. Next add a generous dollop of the avocado crema and shredded cabbage. Garnish with sliced jalapenos and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and Vita Ice Orange Mango for a refreshing drink that'll compliment this easy fish dinner!