VEGAN Creamy Wild Rice, Mushroom, & Sauerkraut Soup
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet or Yellow Onion, (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots, (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery, (chopped)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp. Sage Leaves, (chopped)
- 16 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, (quartered)
- 1 cup Bubbie's Naturally-Fermented Sauerkraut
- 1 1/5 cups Uncooked Wild Rice Blend
- 3 cups Almondmilk, (unsweetened)
- 48 oz. Vegetable Broth, (add 16 oz more broth for a thinner soup texture)
- 3 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, (chopped)
- In a large soup pot, add in the olive oil to heat up for 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Add in the chopped onions, carrots, and celery to saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the chopped garlic, quartered mushrooms, and chopped sage to cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the wild rice, then pour in the vegetable broth and almondmilk. Add in the salt and black pepper, then mix until evenly combined. Bring to a boil, then cover to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid to the soup pot, then bring up the heat to medium heat. Sift in the flour, then whisk or stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Finally, stir in the sauerkraut.
- Cook uncovered for 10-20 more minutes, until desired thickness. Add salt and black pepper to taste, then enjoy warm.