Sweet Pickle & Basil Braised Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup Bubbie's Bread and Butter Pickle Juice
- 1/4 cup Bubbie's Bread and Butter Pickles, (finely chopped (optional))
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves, (minced)
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour ((optional))
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, pickle juice, flour (optional if you like a thicker sauce), and chopped basil. Set aside
- In a large cast iron (preferably a deep 12" skillet), add in the olive oil to heat up over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Generously season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Add the chicken into the pan to sear on each side until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the pickles and chopped garlic to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, then flip to simmer for an additional 20 minutes (chicken is fully cooked at 165F internal temperature). Serve warm.
- Serving recommendations: Quinoa and Green Beans or Basmati Rice and Sliced Tomatoes