Slow-Cooked Cuban Mojo Chicken
- 1 cup Proper Good Beef Bone Broth
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, (boneless and skinless)
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple, (diced (about 1/4th pineapple))
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, (crushed)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Lime, (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, adding in the chicken breasts last. Transfer the chicken and marinade to an airtight container or sealable bag to refridgerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (The longer it marinates, the more flavor it will have.)
- Once marinated, add the chicken to a large pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then cover to simmer (slow cook) for at least one hours. The internal temperature should be 165F before serving. Shred the chicken with two forks to desired thickness.
- Enjoy with basmati rice, cilantro-lime mango salsa, and black beans for the ultimate cuban-inspired summer meal!