One-Pot Bacon & Vodka Pasta Sauce (Without Vodka)
It's creamy, rich in flavor, and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Perfect for those cozy weeknights or date nights in!
- 17.5 oz. Batistini Farms USDA Organic Ancient Tuscan Grain Pennette Pasta
- 8 slices Bacon, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Batistini Farms USDA Organic Aromatic Herb Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6 oz. Tomato Pasta
- 1 tsp. Oregano, freshly chopped or dried
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Chili Pepper Flakes
- Mozzarella, for serving
- Fresh Basil, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-9 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup pasta water to set aside. Drain the pasta and toss in olive oil.
- In the same pot, add the chopped bacon to cook until crispy. Remove the bacon.
- Add the olive oil into the same pot over medium high heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir consistently, sautéing until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Once well combined, stir in the heavy cream and reserved 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Bring to a low boil, then stir in the grated parmesan, chopped parsley, and chili pepper flakes.
- Lastly, stir in the pasta. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil to enjoy immediately!