One Pan Chicken Pot Pie with Flaky Phyllo Crust
An easy, creamy chicken pot pie topped with flaky phyllo pastry for a satisfying dinner!
- Performance Cookware The Pan
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1/3 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 small Leek, finely chopped and rinsed for any dirt
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. EACH: Salt, Black Pepper, Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- 8-12 sheets Phyllo Pastry, thawed in fridge
- Egg wash
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the finely chopped leeks to The Pan over medium high heat. Sauce for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the chicken breasts, chopped carrots, frozen peas, and chopped celery. Add 1/3 cup water, cover with the lid, and cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat. The chicken should be fully cooked and tender enough to shred.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425F.
- Remove the chicken into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on low speed until the chicken is shredded finely, about 1 minute. Add the shredded chicken back into The Pan.
- Stir in the seasonings and flour. Then, stir in the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat, stirring consistently, for 4-5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- Lightly crumble the phyllo sheets to add on top of the chicken pot pie. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the phyllo sheets then transfer The Pan into the oven to bake until golden brown on top, about 6-10 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with freshly chopped parsley or thyme and flaky salt. Enjoy warm!