(NonAlcoholic) Spicy Apricot Margaritas
She's spicy, sweet, and little tart. A bright nonalcoholic drink recipe for summertime!
- 6 Apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeños, deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1/3 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- Club Soda, for serving
- Tajin, for garnishing the glass rims
- Ice Cubes, for serving
- To Make the Spicy Apricot Syrup: In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the chopped apricots, jalapeños, lemon juice, and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes, until apricots have softened and juicy.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or high speed blender. Add the honey (or maple syrup to make it vegan). Pulse until smooth.
- To Serve: Garnish the rim of your cocktail glasses with honey or lime juice, then roll in tajin. Add ice cubes to the glass. Pour in equal parts of the Spicy Apricot Syrup to Club Soda. (For example, 1/4 cup of the syrup and 1/4 cup club soda.) Garnish with a few thinly sliced jalapeños to enjoy!