Mini Chipotle Chicken Toastada Bowls Appetizer
With an oven-baked crunchy tortilla, a corn salsa bursting with summer flavors, and juicy chipotle chicken for an irresistible appetizer!
- Klarbrunn Sparkling Lime, for serving
- 4 Burrito-style Flour Tortillas, or 12 street-style tortillas
- 1 1b. Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp. Adobo Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 15-oz. Canned Corn
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Cotija Cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Using a large cookie cutter (about 4" in diameter), cut the burrito-sized tortillas into 3 mini street-style tortillas. Press each down into a cupcake pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the chicken into tiny bite-sized pieces. Add them into a large bowl with the adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and minced garlic. Toss until well-combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In the meantime, toss the corn, chopped red bell pepper, sour cream, cotija cheese, chopped jalapenos, lime juice, and freshly chopped parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To assemble, add a generous scoop of the cooked chicken into the tortilla cups. Add a scoop of the corn salsa and a little guacamole on top. Garnish with cotija cheese and mini lime wedges. Serve warm. Enjoy with Klarbrunn Sparkling Lime for a refreshing drink!