Italian-style "Hotdogs" with Basil Aioli & Chicken Sausages
This is a summer grilling recipe that will have both hotdog and non-hotdog lovers united!
For the Basil Aioli:
- ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Mayo
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 package of Amylu Artichoke, Leek, & Gruyere Chicken Sausages
- 1 tbsp. Melted Butter
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- ½ cup Giardiniera, homemade or storebought
- Fresh Basil, chopped, for serving
- To Make the Basil Aioli: Combine all ingredients into a food processor. Add ¼ cup water and pulse until smooth. Add more lemon juice and/or water to desired thickness.
- To Make the Hot Dogs: Preheat your grill to 400F. Remove the sausages from their packaging and place on the grill to cook 3-5 minutes on each side, until fully warmed and to desired taste.
- Lightly brush the hot dog buns with melted butter and place face-side down on the grill to cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until toasted.
- Assemble your hot dog buns with the grilled chicken sausages, giardiniera, basil aioli, and freshly chopped basil to enjoy warm!