Italian Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Ragu (Pasta Dinner)
- 1 bag of Batistini Farms Ancient Tuscan Grain Tagliatelle Pasta
- 2 1/2 lb. Chuck Beef
- 2 tbsp. Batistini Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Sweet Onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup Carrots (finely diced)
- 1 cup Celery (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 28 oz Crushed Canned Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Dried Italian Herbs (or substitute with 1 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves and 2 tbsp. chopped basil)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 cup Red Wine (full bodied (like a merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon) or substitute with beef broth)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan, freshly grated for serving)
- Fresh Basil or Parsley (finely chopped for serving)
- In a heavy based pot over medium high heat, add in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to heat up for 1 minute. In the meantime, pat the beef dry with a paper towel, then season with the salt and black pepper.
- Add the beef into the heated pot to sear until browned on both sides (about 4-5 minutes on each side).
- Turn down the stove to medium, then add the remaining tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the minced garlic and onions to sauté for 2 minutes, then the celery and carrots to sauté for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant and tender.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, as well as 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot to simmer for 2-3 hours, until beef is tender enough to easily shred.
- Once cooked, shred the beef with two forks, then simmer for 30 minutes without cover, until the sauce has been reduced and is thicker. Adjust to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To Serve: Cook Batistini Farms’ Ancient Tuscan Grain Tagliatelle Pasta until al dente (about 10 minutes), then drain to serve with freshly grated parmigiana reggiano (parmesan), and chopped basil or parsley.