Italian Gremolata Crispy Potato Wedges
For the Crispy Potato Wedges:
- 2 lbs. Russet Potatoes or Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters or sixths (depends on size)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
For the Gremolata Sauce:
- 1 bunch of Italian Parsley, (finely chopped)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, (finely minced)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then stir in the salt and baking soda. Carefully add in the potatoes to cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until a fork meets a little resistance when inserted into a potato wedge.
- Drain the potatoes, then let them rest for 1 minute in the pot. Transfer them to a large bowl, add the olive oil, garlic powder, and onion powder, then shake vigorously in the bowl to create rough edges (each potato will have an outer layer that resembles the texture of mashed potatoes).
- Evenly distribute the potatoes onto the prepared baking pan to roast for 20 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 15-20 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- In the meantime, make the gremolata sauce simply by mixing the ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Serve warm with the gremolata sauce.