For the Homemade Pasta:
- In a large bowl or on a clean surface, create a well in the middle of the flour. Add the eggs and pureed butternut squash. Knead with your hands until smooth and pliable. (If your dough is sticky, add a little more flour... If your dough is too dry, then add a splash of water.)
- Wrap the pasta dough ball in plastic wrap and leave out in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, begin making the ricotta and sage filling.
- If using a pasta machine, split the dough up into 6-8 pieces to work with. Consistently flouring each time the pasta rolls through the machine, roll the pasta out to setting "5."
For the Ricotta and Sage Filling:
- Place the ricotta in a strainer lined with a tea towel to drain out the excess liquids for 10 minutes in the refridgerator.
- In a small bowl, mix together the finely chopped sage, ricotta, salt and pepper.
- On a sheet of rolled pasta, add 1 teaspoon of the ricotta filling. Continue placing dollops of the filling on the pasta sheet until the end, leaving about 1" space inbetween. Place a similar sized pasta sheet on top. Use your fingers to smooth down and press any air pockets out of the pasta sheets to make them one. Using a pasta roller, cut out each individual ravioli and transfer to a floured surface.
- TIP: Make sure you are constantly keeping your surface floured to prevent any sticking.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add in the homemade ravioli to cook for 5-6 minutes, then carefully strain the pasta.
For the Sage, Pecan, and Butternut Squash Sauce:
- In a saucepan, stir all ingredients together. Cover with the lid, stir occasionally, and sauté for 6-10 minutes, or until the butternut squash is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this homemade Fall-inspired ravioli recipe and enjoy your evening! xxL