Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tacos
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 2 Limes (juice and zest)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
To Assemble the Tacos:
- Pico de Gallo (or Salsa)
- Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro (for garnishing)
- Avocado (thinly sliced)
- Preheat the grill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients, adding in the chicken once well-combined. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container or sealable bag, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, then place directly on the grill to cook until internal temperatures reach 165F, turning as necessary. For added flavor, brush the chicken with the leftover marinade every occasionally.
- Once completely cooked, set aside for 3-4 minutes to rest, then chop or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm the tortillas while the chicken is resting, then assemble the tacos with pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sliced avocado, and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!