Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Danish
A flaky, golden crust to compliment the creamy, zesty lemon filling that is irresistible!
- 1 box Puff Pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Purecane Confectioner's Sweetener
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Lemon Curd
- 1 Meyer Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Purecane Baking Sweetener
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- To make the candied lemons, simply bring the water to a boil. Stir in the baking sweetener. Add in the thinly sliced meyer lemons to simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a plate to dry out for 1 hour. Dip in additional baking sweetener when ready to serve.
For the Danishes:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry.
- Using a cookie cutter or large drinking glass, cut 3 1/2" circles. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the lemon zest and confectioner's sweetener. Mix to combine.
- In the center of each puff pastry circle, add 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Then, add a dollop of the lemon curd on top.
- Brush the puff pastry edges with an egg wash and sprinkle with a little baking sweetener.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before adding the candied lemon slices and dusting with powdered sugar.