Crispy Jalapeño Honey Corn Fritters
Theses easy corn fritters make for the perfect summer appetizer as they're crispy, flavorful, and easy to make!
For the Corn Fritters:
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. EACH: Salt + Black Pepper
- 2 cups Corn Kernels, about 3 corn cobs
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Grated Cheddar Cheese (or shredded)
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Frying Oil, to cook
For the Dill Aioli:
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced or grated
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. EACH: Salt, Black Pepper + Chili Powder
- To Make the Corn Fritters: Add 1-2" deep of frying oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Heat up to about 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, corn kernels, and chopped jalapeños.
- Create a well in the center and add the beaten egg, milk, and honey. Stir until well-combined. If the batter seems too wet, you can add a little flour until thick cake-like batter. If too thin, you can add a little milk.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of batter into the hot oil to fry for 3-5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the corn fritters to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- To Make the Dill Aioli: Stir all ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy with the warm corn fritters!