Crispiest & Cheesiest Mac N Cheese
I’ve been working on this recipe for years, and I think I’ve finally cracked the code to a creamy sauce that’ll just melt in your mouth!
- Batistini Farms Organic Ancient Tuscan Grain Campanelle Pasta
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Batistini Farms Organic Basil Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 4 cups Half and Half
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Colby Jack or Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gouda, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute under Al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, toss in olive oil to keep from sticking together.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter.
- Once melted, add in the olive oil.
- Whisk in the flour, stirring consistently for about 1 minute. Stir in the seasonings.
- Slowly pour the half and half into the pot while you stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add in the shredded cheeses. Stir to combine.
- Add in the pasta and stir until well-coated.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish. Top with extra grated cheese (optional) and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Broil 1-2 minutes until golden crispy.
- Serve warm with freshly grated Parmesan and chives. Enjoy!