Creamy Farmers Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Kefir Farmer Cheese
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach, (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- (Optional) Allow the salmon fillets to sit out at room temperature for 10 minute prior to stuffing.
- Over medium high heat, add in the one teaspoon olive oil to warm up for 1 minute. Add in the chopped garlic to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Finally, add in the chopped spinach to sauté until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the sauteed garlic and spinach, farmers cheese, chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, black pepper, and salt until well-combined.
- Carefully slice a slot into the middle of each salmon fillet horizontally. Evenly stuff each salmon with a generous amount of the farmers cheese mixture.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add in the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil to heat up for 1 minute.
- Gently lay each fillet face-side down (aka skin-side up) to cook for 4 minutes, until crispy and golden brown, then flip to cook on the other side an additional 3-4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Enjoy warm!